Musing with Max

Musing with Max

July 14, 2012

The art of Summer reading

What is it about Summer that just brings out the reader in everybody? Even if you read all the time as I am prone to do Summer just escalates the desire. I suppose it's because it's the lazy season and lying about with a good book after all that Spring gardening is so very appealing. And even though I have a small pile waiting for me to get to I still felt I needed to get some "Summer" books

so off to Alibris I went and went a little order happy since I can't help myself. Some new stuff, some old stuff that I had never gotten around to and a great find, "The Garden of Reading" recommended by Jen which is a must for every reader who gardens or every gardener who reads. First, to figure out where to sit and enjoy.

the chaise in the room with the books? No, need to go outside
the wine barrel chairs I bought Frank for his birthday for me? No, while incredibly comfortable, really! not for lounging and reading. I know; the porch



drat, taken. Maybe I can entice him to move



OK, now we're talking. So where do I start? Oops new arrivals.







Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. Am just taking a break from book reading to do a little online reading.

    Finished " Seating Arrangements" by Maggie Shipstead just moments ago.Meh.

    Too bad we don't all live close enough to exchange books.

    Though Jen gives them away....now I know which book to read next!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    xo jane

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing other people's books and hear what they are reading. I haven't read Life of Pi yet either--will try to get to it this summer. The porch would be my spot! Looks like you have a trip planned. Are you going to Budapest? If so, you should read the Hattatt's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh that chaise in the sunspot looks just perfect for me- or maybe just lying on the lawn......loved 'life of pi'- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete