Then the cooking bug really hit me cause I had to get rid of all this nervous energy and kooky anticipation, so I hit the tomatoes and sliced them very thick
and then put them away for future use.
I decided we needed dessert- Chocolate Mousse should do it
Rum Chocolate Mousse- adapted from The Joy of Cooking
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rum (can double this amount)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). semi-sweet or sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream
- Cook sugar and rum over very low heat until dissolved but not colored brown.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- When chocolate is melted stir in 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream.
- Add sugar and rum mixture and stir until smooth.
- When the mixture is cool but not chilled, fold in egg whites.
- Fold the combination very gently into 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream.
- Chill in sherbet glasses at least 2 hours before serving.
but wait a minute what's that, since when do we have a lake in the back yard