Musing with Max

Musing with Max

April 5, 2011

Put an egg on it!

Hand in hand (or should I say mouth to mouth) with my love of chicken is my love of eggs, the perfect food. I love eggs in just about any way shape or form; I love them scrambled, fried, easy over, coddled, boiled, poached, baked, you name it. Eggs are my go to food when I can't think of anything else to eat or when I want to make something quick and easy and don't need a lot of ingredients. I love to make creamy scrambled eggs in lots of butter and eat them right out of the skillet sprinkled with a little salt and some freshly grounded pepper...and if I want to kick it up a notch I may add some chopped smoked salmon and chives if I have them on hand. I love egg salad with mayonnaise and some funky mustard and finely chopped onions, sometimes adding cubed boiled potatoes. What's better than a fried egg sandwich with a little mayo, with or without bacon, or with or without tomato, or scrambled eggs with cheese on a toasted English muffin. How about a Spanish omelet with sliced onions and potatoes, or a French omelet with a mix of chopped fresh herbs, or baked with chopped chorizo and green peas. How about that lovely French dish of Oeufs Durs Soubise, or hard boiled eggs with onions and cream and good old Spaghetti a la Carbonara.The list is endless and always delicious. Or you can simply do as I do many a times when the craving takes over; just put an egg on it:
                                          Arroz con huevo or rice with eggs
                                          Pure de papa con huevo or Mashed potato with eggs

                                           Picadillo with egg over easy

                                          harina con huevo or fried egg on polenta

                                          Spinach salad with poached egg

I could go on and on and on in finding what to put an egg on. Max on the other hand doesn't get it.
He'd rather take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment