Musing with Max

Musing with Max

May 10, 2015

Lilac Time

This is what is outside my kitchen window.



When I open the windows and it is swayed by that just perfect breeze, that incredible aroma just comes right through and I breathe as slowly and deeply as I can so I can savor it. Last year we needed to trim it but missed the window of time to ensure that it would continue blooming so this year it is massive which means more blooms; all the better 



...in the dining room

...the foyer



... the bedroom where some of us nap all day


with the sweet scent that is never around long enough.


Wish I could do scratch and sniff!



10 comments:

  1. Just exquisite!
    Your photos almost give off a fragrance - this coming from someone who has been know to bury their face in overflowing vases of lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are glorious. That fragrance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours are gone now, we're probably using lilacs from your state at the shop.

    But there is nothing better than an embarrassment of lilacs.

    At least till the peonies come along.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I just found another one under an azalea which I'm going to transfer. Can't wait to see what color that one is.

      Delete
  4. Flowers everywhere, Love them

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat a big container full of lilac - there's no color like it and that smell….I think Max and Addie have a common ancestor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fleeting, almost gone :( God forbid I should lay on his bed...not that I would want to.

      Delete