Musing with Max

Musing with Max

November 18, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Despite the fact that we had a monster hurricane with ferocious wind followed by a nor'easter that dumped a bunch of snow on everything there are happily a lot of trees still holding on to their leaves. As weird as it sounds, and feels, I think that this Fall has lasted for quite a while longer than usual, which is wonderful since we can witness those ever changing leaf colors.
As the days have gone by they seem to intensify. The reds have turned into a glowing cranberry that just shimmers in the light, the yellows are deep and vibrant and just so intense in their hue.

Then there are the burnt oranges and all the shades of browns
and a little green still peeks through

It's just so breathtakingly beautiful

...and also a little dangerous. The road I take on my way to work goes through a mountain which is a nature preserve and I am surrounded on both sides by forests full of a huge variety of trees full of every autumn leaf color imaginable and it changes daily. It is impossible not to be awestruck by this amazing sight and I can't help but just stare with my mouth wide open which doesn't bode well for driving so I have to tell myself to snap out of it lest I crash into something. The other day the car in front of me almost swerved off the road which sort of brought me to my senses, now I'm sure to look straight ahead. So I'll enjoy it at my house
which probably won't be much longer

but it has been nice.

Right Max? He's depressed just thinking about it.

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful images and how lovely you are getting an extended Fall. Max is a beauty.

    Have a glorious week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think this may be the last weekend of our leaves but what a weekend it was.

    Remind me come May that as much as I love spring, Fall takes it all.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey thats some beautiful colour Amelia. You be careful driving and gawking at the fall leaves....and keep your mouth closed you'll catch flies;) XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensational colours! I can almost hear the crunch of the leaves too!

    ReplyDelete