Musing with Max

Musing with Max

December 12, 2011

Need a little Christmas

Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.

Fill up the stocking,
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.

Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;
So climb down the chimney;
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.
For I've grown a little leaner,
Grown a little colder,
Grown a little sadder,
Grown a little older,
And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder,
Need a little Christmas now.
For we need a little music,
Need a little laughter,
Need a little singing
Ringing through the rafter,
And we need a little snappy
"Happy ever after,"
Need a little Christmas now.
Need a little Christmas now.


Stop that infernal singing!

you know you can't carry a tune to save your life, and it hurts my delicate ears, and stop putting Christmas decorations on me
I'm not a prop and I feel stupid

Now, let's hear it from the master. Everyone else may sing along!


3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, we love this and we love Max in his BIG velvet bow!

    Thanks for joining in.

    Feliz Navidad Amelia.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max looks lovely, altho he will probably rebel from much of that fancy dressing. Your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane: This was such fun, looking forward to next time.

    Webb: Thank you! And as you can probably tell by Max's face he is quite miserable being dressed up.

    ReplyDelete