Musing with Max

Musing with Max

January 25, 2015

On a Winter's Day

Yesterday morning I woke up, looked out the window and saw this.





Everything covered in a beautiful blanket of fluffy virgin white snow. It fell in that way that somehow looks fake, like if it was painted on, covering every branch, every pine leaf, every surface. It was early enough where no one had yet trudged all over it and no one had gone out to shovel. The world was suddenly black and white. And it was Saturday. The perfect day for a snowstorm since I had no place to go. A friend who moved to California a couple of years ago commented very sarcastically on facebook to his NJ friends that it wasn't too late to move to sunny California. I proceeded to burst his bubble by letting him know that for someone who grew up in Miami I savor my four seasons. No California dreamin' here. So what to do on a day when you've got no place to go, why cook of course.
Preferably something that takes a really long time, like herb and onion focaccia!





How about some mac & cheese?



or maybe some gumbo!


I know, beef stew with loads and loads of onions!


I love a stormy weekend! Wait, there's another coming on Tuesday, oh no!


9 comments:

  1. Oh the mix of that gorgeous snow outside combined with the smell of all that gorgeous cooking on the inside must have been heavenly! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little editorial license, it rained and a lot of the snow disappeared by noon and the mac and cheese was Friday night in anticipation but we need to keep the readership interested don’t we?

      Delete
    2. Editorial license is fine - the loveliest weather and most delicious meals are ephemeral after all.
      Enjoy the moment!

      Delete
    3. You are so right Rose! Thank you for the validation :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, pretty! And you might be getting some more tomorrow. I love foccachia and have never made it. Your looks delicious as does the mac and cheese and gumbo. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ick, I hope not, I have so much to do work wise. It is very yummy, I look forward to days like these so I don’t feel I’m missing out by being inside.

      Delete
  3. Wow! We have some snow around here too :)))

    ReplyDelete