Musing with Max

Musing with Max

March 16, 2014

Signs of Life

The meltdown began last weekend. All of a sudden there were temperatures in the mid 50's, the sun came out a shone down on the piles of ice, we had a little rain here and there. I could actually get into my car wearing regular shoes since the ice around it had melted down to blacktop on the driveway. Yes the cold came back towards the middle of the week but the predicted snowfall didn't happen at all so it made it more bearable. I can wear sneakers when walking with Max rather than snow boots. Yesterday I looked out towards the backyard and was shocked to see that most of it is green with a couple of little ice caps here and there, I can see the entire patio. This morning Max was able to sniff the ground on our walk


and kept his nose down for most of the time or hopped around in ecstasy. I saw a bunny. And tiny buds on the magnolias.


The birds are singing and Max finds more places in the sun.


I bought daffodils at Trader Joe's


to bring in some much needed Spring...despite the forecast...snow tonight. Can't wait til Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. Spring will inevitably arrive and these few warm days keep us going until it arrives. But it can't be soon enough, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, and it was so cold this morning. Clearly I have had it.

      Delete
  2. Amazing the difference a little light and warmth can make. Today was the first day I wore regular shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I actually put all the galoshes and boots away. Hope I don't need to take them out again.

      Delete
  3. I can imagine how happy you and Max were on your walk! Spring is coming, maybe a little slowly up where you are, but it's coming. It must feel good not having to fight the snow every time you want to go outside!

    ReplyDelete